The updated MY19 Ford EcoSport goes on sale in India with several smart updates to deliver what customers want and value in a compact SUV.
High on practicality across its range starting from INR 769,000, the MY 2019 EcoSport line-up showcases Ford India’s continuous efforts to increase localization, resulting in greater value being passed on to customers across the variants.
“Whether it is the low-cost of ownership or the outstanding capabilities, safety or innovative features on offer, Ford is working relentlessly to deliver greater value to customers. The MY 2019 is a shining example of our efforts,” said Anurag Mehrotra, president & managing director, Ford India. “Backed by a strong product development team and ongoing localization efforts, we are not just keeping up with the evolving consumer needs but also surprise them with enhanced value on offer across 2019 model lineup of Ford EcoSport.”
The MY 2019 also witness the introduction of EcoSport Thunder Edition, a capable & feature-loaded version of the popular compact SUV.
Attractively priced at INR 10.18 lakh for petrol, the New EcoSport Thunder Edition delivers on all essentials, be it an aggressive bold stance, sporty & premium dual-tone interiors, most fun-to-drive engines as well as the inclusion of a sun-roof to be revered as most value-rich.
Discover More with EcoSport Thunder
The new Thunder Edition is replete with smart exterior changes that enhance the compact SUV’s appeal. It introduces dark inserts on the headlamp cluster and a more prominent black treatment to the fog lamp bezel.
It will don sporty, new 17-inch alloy wheels, and a dark theme throughout the exteriors, including black-painted front grille & rear-view mirrors; dual-tone bonnet and decals on doors to give it a distinct road presence.
The EcoSport Thunder will carry forward its sporty theme to interiors as well with abundant use of cognac accents across multiple surfaces – from front seats to door inserts as well as centre console and instrument panel — to add to its overall appeal.
The limited duration Thunder Edition comes with an electric sunroof, a feature that was introduced in the compact SUV segment by Ford last year.
The variant will also offer a responsive, intuitive and smart in-car connectivity system, paired to a 9-inch floating touchscreen and offering embedded navigation.
Whether attending calls, listening to music or reading messages, the infotainment system will provide customers with easy access to their connected device through simple voice commands.
Customers can opt to buy the EcoSport Thunder Edition as an option pack on the car’s Titanium variant. The option pack will be offered with both Ford’s latest 1.5L three-cylinder TiVCT petrol engine that delivers 123 PS of power and fuel efficiency of 17 Km/L as well as the trusted 1.5L TDCi diesel engine that churns 100 PS power and 23 Km/L fuel efficiency.
While retaining its bold, imposing stance & aggressive styling, 2019 Ford EcoSport will be the only compact SUV in India to offer a sun-roof on half of its variants.
Continuing the Legacy of Fun, Style, & Value with MY 2019 Ford EcoSport
The EcoSport will continue to offer outstanding capability, safety & connectivity with:
- Most capable engine options in the compact SUV segment that delivers class-leading power and outstanding fuel efficiency.
- Ford’s proven and fun-to-drive 1.5L TDCi diesel engine that delivers an unmatched peak power of 100 PS & outstanding fuel economy of 23 Km/L
- Greater choice for customers with Ford’s 1.5L three-cylinder TiVCT petrol engine that delivers 123 PS of power and fuel efficiency of 17 Km/L; or globally renowned 1.0L EcoBoost engine
- EcoSport range available with five-speed or six-speed manual transmission as well as Ford’s latest six-speed automatic transmission
- Up to six airbags for enhanced protection for the driver and as well as passengers
- Best-in-segment SYNC 3 infotainment system, with 8-inch touchscreen, allowing drivers to stay connected on the move; Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility
- A touchscreen-based, superior infotainment system & embedded navigation across the range, except entry-level variant
- Automatic HID headlamps, daytime running lights, electrochromic mirror, rain sensing wipers, push-button start, tyre pressure monitoring system and scores of other intuitive features
The interiors of the MY 2019 Ford EcoSport don all-new premium, beige upholstery while the exterior will boast of a bold, aggressive look with a muscular grille and sleek yet robust profile that give the compact SUV an imposing road presence.
Variant wise details of MY 2019 Ford EcoSport (Ex-Showroom, Delhi):
|1.5L TiVCT Petrol MT||INR 769,000||INR 849,000||INR 928,000||INR 1,018,000||NA|
|1.5L TiVCT Petrol AT||NA||INR 1,108,000||NA|
|1.0L TiVCT EcoBoost||NA||INR 1,083,000|
|1.5L TDCi Diesel MT||INR 819,000||INR 899,000||INR 978,000||INR 1,068,000||INR 1,133,000|
|1.5L TiVCT Petrol MT||NA||INR 1,018,000||NA|
|1.5L TDCi Diesel MT||NA||INR 1,068,000||NA|