Honeywell Hometown Solutions India Foundation named winner at the Dalmia Bharat – CSRBOX 6th CSR Impact Awards
Honeywell Hometown Solutions India Foundation (HHSIF), a not-for-profit organization that deploys Honeywell’s corporate social responsibility (CSR) programs in India, has been named winner of the “CSR Foundation of the Year Award” at the Dalmia Bharat-CSRBOX 6th CSR Impact Awards.
The Award was presented by Mr. Gajendra Singh Shekhawat, Minister of Jal Shakti, Government of India, at the India CSR Summit 2019.
Honeywell was selected winner on the strength of its compelling CSR programs that have touched the lives of 1.9 million people across 31 districts in eight States in India. Honeywell also made a strong case with its robust governance structure, monitoring and evaluation rigor, volunteerism framework, and strong and equal partnerships with implementing agencies of global repute.
“Honeywell is committed to improving the world we live in by creating, supporting, and nurturing outstanding CSR programs that make a sustainable and measurable impact on communities we serve,” said Akshay Bellare, President, Honeywell India.
“Honeywell’s CSR efforts focus on four critical areas that are aligned with the Governments CSR schedule and the Sustainable Development Goals: STEM education, child safety, sustainability, and humanitarian relief,” he added.
Honeywell’s marquee programs include:
• Safe Kids at Home, a fire safety program with the Safe Kids Foundation that has reached half a million children in Pune
• Honeywell Science Experience, a hands-on STEM education program with Agastya International Foundation that benefits 42,000 middle- and high-school children and 783 teachers across 10 cities
• Honeywell-Safe Water Network Initiative, which provides safe water access to half a million people in Telangana and Maharashtra
• Honeywell Safe Schools, a pioneering school safety program with SEEDS India, reaching 83,000 children, 90,000 parents and 2,900 teachers in 150 Government schools in Delhi and Uttarakhand
• Honeywell Center for Advancing Girls in Science at Avasara Leadership Institute in Pune that benefits 12,500 girls of exceptional promise.
HHSIF is a not-for-profit organization that deploys Honeywell India’s CSR efforts in four critical areas: STEM education, child safety, sustainability, and humanitarian relief. Working within the Government’s guidelines and the company’s CSR framework, HHSIF builds programs that deliver results it can quantify: one community, one home, one teacher, and one student at a time.
To learn more, visit https://www.honeywell.com/en-us/global/en-in/csr.