Ms. Evanka Thimmaiah from Strate School of Design, Bengaluru, claimed the top honour
TVS Motor Company, a reputed manufacturer of two-wheelers and three-wheelers in the world, successfully concluded the first edition of the TVS NTORQ 125 Call of Design contest. Ms. Evanka Thimmaiah from Strate School of Design, Bengaluru claimed the top honours for her rendition of the TVS NTORQ 125 race machine which won her a TVS NTORQ 125. The other winners of the contest were Mr. Anoop Nellikalayil from National Institute of Design, Gandhinagar who bagged the first runner up prize, followed by Mr. Siddharth Sangwan from Industrial Design Center, IIT, Bombay, and Mr. Sachin Sing Tensing from National Institute of Design, Gandhinagar, who were announced as the joint third runners up.
The contest was split into two phases that invited students and auto journalists to display their creative and innovative ability. Of the entries by the automobile media fraternity in the country, the ‘Top 3’ winners of the contest include Akshay Chitwar from Powerdrift, Bilal Firfiray from BikeWale and Shoeb Kalania from IndianAutosBlog.
As part of the contest, the shortlisted students were given the opportunity to replicate their ideas on the machine that further split the selection process, into a Viewer’s Choice Award and Jury Award. As part of the former, the designs were adjudged by the larger community through an online poll of #ChoiceOfNtorqians, where 10 designs were posted on the TVS NTORQ 125 social media handles. Mr. Rajat Kushwaha from IIT IDC was the winner for the Viewer’s choice award #ChoiceOfNtorqians.
TVS NTORQ 125 Call of Design kickstarted in August 2019, inviting enthusiasts to display renditions of the strong design language that TVS NTORQ 125 as a race machine has delivered and proven to be an inspiration for its Gen Z customers. The contest witnessed participation from over 300 students of 20 top design schools across the country and over 20 journalists from prominent automobile publications.
Evanka Thimmaiah from Strate School of Design, Bengaluru
First Runner Up
Anoop Nellikalayil from National Institute of Design, Gandhinagar
Joint Second Runner Up
• Siddharth Sangwan from Industrial Design Center, IIT, Bombay
• Sachin Sing Tensing from National Institute of Design, Gandhinagar
• Daniel Ray Philip from Strate School of Design, Bengaluru
• Siddhesh Bhogale from MIT Institute of Design, Pune
Rajat Kushawa from Industrial Design Center, IIT, Bombay
Media Top 3
• Bilal Firfiray from BikeWale
• Akshay Chitwar from Powerdrift
• Shoeb Kalania from IndianAutoBlog (IAB)
• Mr. Elias Abraham, Senior Vice President – Style and Design, R&D, TVS Motor Company
• Mr. Amit Rajwade, Head – Scooter Design, R&D, TVS Motor Company
• Mr. Muntaser Mirkar, Design Head – Hellraisermotowear, moto artist and former motoring journalist
• Mr. Aniruddha Haldar, Vice President (Marketing), Commuter Motorcycles, Scooters & Corporate Brand, TVS Motor Company
• Mr. Varghese Thomas, Vice President – Corporate Communication, TVS Motor Company