Biggest electric vehicle brand in India, Hero Electric announced the opening of three new dealerships in the Bengaluru Area to further strengthen its presence in the city. The three new dealers – Jaideep Motors, Pulse Electrochem and VRS Motors – are 3S (sales, service and spare) equipped dealerships and are equipped with a fleet of well-trained and qualified professionals ensuring the highest levels of after-sales service and solutions to customers.
Commenting on this occasion, Mr. Sohinder Gill, CEO, Hero Electric, said: “In-line with our commitment to providing the best EV products in the two-wheeler category across India, we have added two new state-of-the-art dealerships – Jaideep Motors, Pulse Electrochem and VRS Motors – in Bengaluru. Bengaluru is a very important market for us, from both a geographical and business point of view and we are confident that our partnership with the new dealerships will enable us to strengthen awareness around electric mobility and its benefits in the region. We take pride in our dealer network and will continue to strengthen it year by year and be present in the most interior parts of the country.”
This expansion is part of the company’s plans to take its total number of customer touchpoints across India to 1,000 by the ends of 2020. To better help the existing and potential customers understand the benefits of electric two-wheelers, Hero Electric has fostered the teams at both the dealerships to a holistic training program. The purpose of this training was to help the sales team to understand and then educate customers on the benefits of lithium-ion offerings from Hero Electric. Some of the benefits include:
• High energy density – Electric vehicles need a battery technology that has a high energy density, providing 10 times longer life than other technologies and last longer.
• Self-discharge – Lithium-ion cells self-discharge rate is typically around 5% in the first 4 hours after being charged, which is much lower than that of other rechargeable making it quick and smooth.
• Low maintenance – One major lithium-ion battery advantage is that they do not require any maintenance to ensure their performance, making the scooters efficient.
• No requirement for priming – Some rechargeable cells need to be primed when they receive their first charge. There is no requirement for this with lithium-ion batteries.
• Light weighted – Providing almost 10 times more energy than other technologies, lithium-ion batteries are half the mass, reducing concerns about the kerb weight of scooters
• Pollution – As the need of the hour is green mobility alternatives, Li-ion battery is a great replacement.
Hero Electric offers attractive and value for money lithium-ion models across low-speed and high-speed category. As the leading electric vehicle brand, Hero Electric realizes that for EVs play a substantial role in protecting the environment lithium-ion batteries need to be more popularized and be offered in vehicles that are affordable. Hero Electric does that through assembling and quality-checking their lithium-ion batteries at their Ludhiana facility to make it India adaptable and as a result they last up to 5 years. Furthermore, lithium-ion batteries used by Hero Electric in their products are ultra-portable and have a maximum weight of 8 kgs. Enabling users to combat the range anxiety associated with electric vehicles, these batteries can be conveniently charged at any 3-pin socket plug adding a dose of practicality for everyday users.
The company has aggressive investment plans in the next three years to ramp up production capacity of its electric scooters to 5 lakh units annually, with a focus on low-speed scooters for last mile connectivity. Furthermore, the brand has also tied up with leading financial institutions to offer customers attractive financing options and flexible payment period for a seamless experience of owning a Hero Electric vehicle.
Please find below details on the 3 new dealerships:
No. 162/1, Konappana Agraharam, Hosur Road,
Electronic City, Bengaluru (Bangalore) Urban Bangalore, Karnataka – 560100
77, Bethel Nagar, Ayyappanagar, K R Puram,
Bangalore, Karnataka – 560049
No. 60/2, 2nd Main Road, Industrial Town, Rajajinagar
Bangalore, Karnataka – 560044