By Jatin Ahuja, Founder, Big Boy Toyz
Keeping aligned with the current auto scenario the automobile industry is facing a paradigm shift in terms of consumer preference. Manufacturers and dealers alike are keeping themselves updated about the economic situation of the country in order to map the purchasing power of consumers and understanding their preferences as a whole. Further, over the last 10 years, the auto market has changed manifold. The utility luxury vehicles have been picking up sales in terms of the trend of sales witnessed by the automobile industry. Some of the vehicles that have been in demand are mentioned below:
• S Class Mercedes: The Mercedes-Benz S-Class, formerly known as Sonderklasse is a series of full-size luxury sedans and limousines.
• Mercedes GLS: The 87.76 lakhs Mercedes-Benz GLS has 1 Diesel Engine and 1 Petrol Engine on offer. The GLS has a mileage of 8.9 to 11.0 kmpl. It’s a 7 seater SUV and has a length of 5130mm, width of 2141mm.
• 7 Series BMW: BMW 7 Series price starts at Rs. 1.35 crores and goes upto Rs. 2.44 crores. 7 Series is available in 4 variants. All the variants are Automatic.
• BMW X5: X5 is offered in 3 colours: Black Sapphire Metallic, Mineral White Metallic and Phytonic Blue Metallic. 5 is competing against Porsche Macan, Mercedes-Benz GLE, BMW X7, Audi Q7, BMW X3 and Land Rover Range Rover Velar. Priced at Rs. 84.39 lakhs.
• Volvo XC90: Volvo XC90 price starts at Rs. 80.9 lakhs and goes upto Rs. 1.42 crores. XC90 is offered in 6 colours. XC90 is competing against Mercedes-Benz GLS, BMW X7, Audi Q7, BMW X5, Volvo XC60 and Land Rover Range Rover Velar.
• Porsche Cayenne: Porsche has launched the 2018 Cayenne in India at Rs. 1.92 crores. The new Cayenne is even lighter than its predecessor by 65 kg by an extensive use of aluminum in its construction.