Audi, the German luxury car manufacturer, announced the launch of its sportiest Q, the all-new Audi RS Q8 in India. The Audi RS Q8 combines the power of an RS model with the elegance of a premium coupe and the ability of an SUV. The Audi RS Q8 is priced from INR 2.07 Crore.
Commenting on the launch, Mr. Balbir Singh Dhillon, Head of Audi India, said: “We are thrilled to bring the record setting Audi RS Q8 to India. It’s an all-in-one model that is at home in the rough as it is on the racetrack. The Audi RS Q8 is an agile beast and is a true high-performance sports model under its aggressive exterior. It’s massive twin-turbo V8 with 600hp and 800 Nm of torque propels the car to 100kph from standstill in under four seconds. We are confident that the Audi RS Q8 will have a magnetic pull for luxury sports cars aficionados.”
The turbocharged direct injection V8 produces a full-bodied and sporty V8 growl, and Audi’s Drive Select Dynamic Handling System lets you adjust driving manners to your preference. The mild-hybrid system (MHEV) with a 48-volt main on-board electrical system, combines with the stonking V8 and ensures maximum performance with high efficiency. The Audi RS Q8 also features cylinder on demand (COD) technology that turns off cylinders when power needed is lesser to save fuel. The car uses a standard eight-speed Tiptronic gearbox that sends power to the permanent all-wheel drive quattro system. The new Audi RS Q8 successfully combines outstanding sportiness and maximum everyday usability.
As standard, the Audi RS Q8 boasts an All-wheel steering, RS roof spoiler, Audi’s Virtual cockpit, quattro with self locking differential, Sport Adaptive Air Suspension and 2 RS modes for personalized drive settings. The Audi RS Q8 also comes standard with massive 58.42 cms (23”) 5 Y Spoke Diamond Turned alloys. Air Quality Package with 4 Zone climate control is also standard.
As optional extras, the Audi RS Q8 offers a Black styling package with logos in black, panoramic sunroof, Head-up display, Matrix LED headlights, RS Sports exhaust, a B&O Advanced Sound system with 3D sound and RS dynamic package plus (Top speed increased to 305kph).
Mr. Dhillon further added: “The recently launched Audi RS 7 and the Audi RS Q8 that debuts today are at the cutting edge of Audi Sport. This shows our commitment to offering the very best to our customers in India. We will add more exciting new models from the Audi global range to India this year and look forward to enhancing the celebrations of our customers during the festive season.”
Key highlights of the Audi RS Q8:
Self-confident: the exterior design
• High-performance sports car genes with the practicality of an SUV
• Imposing octagonal Singleframe design with a black, glossy RS honeycomb grille
• Large side air inlets
• RS-specific strips in the body color
• A striking RS roof edge spoiler
• Characteristic rear light strip and RS-specific rear apron
• RS oval-shaped tailpipes add a sporty touch for pure performance
• Standard LED headlights illuminate the road with dark-tinted, RS Matrix LED headlamps and LED rear combination lamps available as an option
• Digital three-dimensional signature daytime running lights
Confident: the drive
• Twin Turbo 4.0L TFSI in the new Audi RSQ8 delivers a superior RS experience
• 800Nm torque between 2,200and 4,500 rpm
• 0 to 100km/h in a super-fast 3.8 seconds
• Optional Dynamic Package Plus takes the top speed to 305kph
• Full-bodied and sporty V8 growl
• Audi Drive Select Dynamic Handling System
• Mild-hybrid system (MHEV) with a 48-volt main on-board electrical system, for maximum performance with high efficiency
• Cylinder on demand (COD) system
• A standard eight-speed tiptronic transfers power to the permanent all-wheel drive quattro
Adaptable: the suspension
• The RS-specific damper tuning can vary from comfort-oriented to extremely sporty
• Standard All-wheel steering with a sporty ratio of 13.3:1.
• Optional Electromechanical Roll Stabilization (EAWS) minimizes body roll when cornering
• Audi Drive Select has eight profiles available, including off-road and the customizable RS-specific RS1 and RS2 modes
• New additional RS mode button on the steering wheel
• Black callipers – Red available as an option
• Optional RS ceramic brake in Red, Gray or Blue
Clear and fully digital: the interior
• Clean design and spacious cabin
• Centrally positioned MMI touch response display
• Contour/ Ambient lighting package
• Air quality package is offered as standard
• Audi Virtual Cockpit is offered as standard
• RS head-up display is optional, this provides additional trip and vehicle data. Shift light display prompts the driver to upshift when the rev limit is reached
• Fully perforated RS Sport leather steering wheel flattened at the bottom with shift paddles also includes multifunction buttons
• Electric tailgate is standard, while foot-activated gesture control is an optional extra
• Sport seats with RS embossing
• Optional RS sport seats in Valcona leather with a honeycomb stitching including seat ventilation and massage
• Optional Bang & Olufsen Advanced Sound System with a captivating 3D sound.
Scan the bar code to experience the Audi RS Q8 in Augmented Reality or visithttps://audiindia.in/AR_Web/rsq8/index.html