Panasonic Automotive Systems India (PASI) offers Development, Manufacture and Sale of automotive components and parts – infotainment solutions (audio, video and navigation), sensors, relays, cameras, parking assistance systems, telematics control units, smart entry systems, LED solutions for head lamps and batteries
Panasonic India, a diversified technology company through its division company Panasonic Automotive Systems India (PASI), offers specialized components for the Indian automotive industry. PASI focuses on the development, manufacturing and sale of automotive components and parts like infotainment solutions (audio, video and navigation), sensors, relays, cameras, parking assistance systems, telematics control units, smart entry systems, LED solutions for head lamps and batteries. PASI offers latest technologies such as Head-up Displays (HUD), Telematic Control Units (TCU), Temperature Oil Sensor, in-car infotainment to name a few that are used across global markets to advance India’s automotive industry.
Bhupesh Kanyal, Group Chief, PASI, Panasonic India, said: “Automotive industry in India has witnessed strong and stable growth in last 2 decades. New global entrants offering great choices, need for a premium commuting experience and now safety of passenger and environment, are some of the factors that are driving the demand for passenger vehicles. Today’s digital-savvy consumer, prefers his vehicle to be an extension of his/her persona. Mapping these preferences, we have designed our technologies that are easy to use, are safe & durable and cost efficient. For instance, our next-Generation HUD can project large images in distances up to 10m and allows drivers to keep their eyes on the road and stay informed. Similarly, all our products and components have been developed keeping in mind the localized and futuristic needs of Indian users.”
PASI’s range of solutions can be categorized under three themes – Beyond Comfort, Integrated Safety, and Electrification. Beyond Comfort caters to automobile’s interiors’ featuring cockpits, navigation systems, HUDs to name a few. Integrated Safety aids in safe commuting and reducing traffic accidents. It features products like back & corner sensors, interior rearview mirrors, vehicle camera modules, steering angle sensors to name a few. In the area of Electrification, Panasonic is catering to the Electric Vehicles (EV) category in form of Li-ion batteries for xEV, Heater Devices, on-board charging systems to name a few.
PASI was established in April 2010, and as of date have presence across all automotive clusters working with top OEMs in India. PASI have 214 exclusive service centers across India to support end users and OEM dealerships. Panasonic automotive products meet the Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) and End of Life Vehicle (ELV) standards, and complies with all environment norms.
Key offerings from PASI:
• Head-up Display (HUD): The systems present data to drivers while keeping their attention on the road. Panasonic Automotive offers in-house-designed, cost-effective HUD technologies to meet specific OEM needs. The company offers windshield HUDs as well as combiner HUD systems.
• In-Vehicle Infotainment (IVI): The infotainment solutions provide audio/video entertainment and information content including radio, media player, TV and video, telephony, navigation, speech control, Apps, and connectivity features that helps OEMs provide a holistic electronic cockpit concept.
• Telematics Control Unit (TCU): With over decade expertise, PASI assist with the TCU to locate vehicle position, make an emergency call during an accident, track a stolen vehicle, and record diagnostic codes for service stations. Further, Panasonic’s advanced TCU solutions provide holistic information to the vehicle owner about the health of the vehicle, mode of riding/ driving, tire pressure, fuel level / battery charge status, etc. accessible on a mobile application.
• Temperature Oil Sensor: Panasonic’s Thermistor Temperature Sensors are used as a temperature detector for temperature control or temperature indication of heating parts for automobiles and industrial equipment. It is a key component used in two-wheeler and four-wheeler fuel injection system for the successful implementation of Bharat VI emission norms.
• Steering Angle Sensor: The steering angle sensor (SAS) determines where the driver wants to steer, matching the steering wheel with the vehicle’s wheels. Located within the steering column, the steering angle sensors are placed together in a single unit for redundancy, accuracy, and diagnostics.