Congrats to CA.CS. Divya Abhishek for passing the CMA Final exams conducted by the Institute of Cost Accountants of India creditably. She had secured All India Ranks in both CA & CS exams conducted by ICAI & ICSI & Gold medal in Law exams (LL.B). She has passed with Ranks Advance Diploma in International Taxation (ADIT) with Chartered Institute of Taxation (CIOT), U.K., and Diploma in IFRS with ACCA London, Certificate in International Tax Law & Transfer Pricing from Leiden University, Netherlands. She is the youngest to reach this milestone.
CA. Divya Abhishek is a Practising Chartered Accountant at Chennai. She is an All India 46th Rank holder in the CA Final examinations and an All India 23rd Rank in the ICSI Examinations. She also secured the All India 4th Rank in the International Taxation Examinations (ADIT) conducted by CIOT. She has qualified proficiency test for independent directors databank conducted by the Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs. She is a qualified Cost and Management Accountant having completed her final examination with the Institute of Cost Accountants of India.
CA. Divya is the Youngest ever President of the Inner Wheel Club of Madras Next Gen and is the Secretary of the Women Professional Empowerment Forum of India. She is an Expert in Audit, Company Law, Cross Border Transactions and International Taxation.
CA. Divya is a Graduate of Law and a Graduate in Commerce from Madras University. She has completed her Diploma in International Financial Reporting Standards with Association of Chartered Certified Accountants London and Advance Diploma in International Taxation with Chartered Institute of Taxation (UK) and has obtained her certification in International Tax Law and Transfer Pricing from Leiden University, Netherlands, International Tax Center, under the guidance of the world renowned Professor Kees Van Raad. She has also attended special sessions at Harvard University.
Her tryst with education was kindled at Vidya Mandir where she was regarding as an outstanding all-rounder consistent school topper right upto her 12th Standard, best outgoing student of Vidya Mandir School, dynamic organiser of all the key functions when she was a student, prolific debator, motivator and speaker who has the capacity to single handedly motivate persons of all ages. CA. Divya was a school topper and completed her schooling from Vidya Mandir, Chennai, before she undertook her Chartered Accountancy Course.
CA. Divya did her Articleship training with Ernst & Young in the Audit and Assurance Division. After qualifying as a Chartered Accountant she continued to work with E&Y in Audit and Assurance division. She has audited and consulted for Listed Companies, Corporate Multi-Nationals, Public Companies, Private Companies and other forms of organisations, including High Net-worth Individuals. She was also selected to a team constituted as a special task force dealing impact of Companies Act in Ernst & Young which also involved presentation and discussions at various MNCs. CA. Divya has led delegations to leading MNCs and Corporates on Accounting Standards, Ethics and various technical matter to several CEOs and CFOs of leading Indian and Multi-National Companies. She then joined as a Partner at Sukumar & Associates and played an instrumental role in the Corporate Law and International Tax Division of the firm and leads a team of 78 members under her Leadership.
CA. Divya is currently the Partner of DSNR & CO., Chartered Accountants and leads the Audit, Corporate law & International tax verticals. She is a firm advocate of the principle of giving back to society and serving society which she has imbibed from childhood. She has constantly tutored and mentored several CA students including illustrious Rank Holders in the profession today and is a guest lecturer at various colleges, professional forums and schools in Chennai. She presented a paper at the National convention for CA students on Companies Act. CA. She is an academician and has presented multiple papers on a diverse range of topics to audiences of over 2,000 people in attendance.
CA. Divya has addressed over 500 conferences, seminars and workshops organized by Corporate Forums, Professional bodies and Universities. She has co-authored book on Income Tax Ready Referencer with CA Abhishek Murali.
She has the distinction of being the First Secretary (Business development & Trade Relations) to the Honorary Counsel of Zambia in South India.
Positions held in the Southern India Regional Council of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (Southern Region)
CA. Divya Abhishek has been nominated to the following Committees constituted by SIRC of Institute of Chartered Accountants of India:
1) Corporate Laws and Corporate Governance Committee of SIRC of ICAI (2015-16)
2) Corporate Laws and Corporate Governance Committee of SIRC of ICAI (2016-17)
3) International Tax Committee of SIRC of ICAI (2017-18)
4) Corporate Laws and Corporate Governance Committee of SIRC of ICAI (2019-20)
Positions held in Other Organizations:
1. CA Divya Abhishek has been elected as the Treasurer for Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry for Women for the year 2019-20 and for the year 2020-21.
2. CA Divya is the President of the Inner Wheel of the Rotary Club of Madras – Next Gen for the year 2018-19.
3. CA. Divya Abhishek was the Co-Chairperson of the Women Empowerment Committee constituted by Hindustan Chamber of Commerce for the period 2015-16.
4. She is a member of the Advisory Committee in SSS Jain College which focuses on the interaction between the industry and the Institution.
5. She is a member of the Board of Studies in S.D.N.B. Vaishnav College which focuses on the curriculum and syllabus to be adopted by the college on a year on year basis.
6. She is a special invitee to the Career Counselling Committee constituted by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India.
7. She was the Treasurer for the Inner Wheel Club of Madras Nextgen for the period 15-16 and 16-17.
8. She is the Secretary of Women Professional forum of India
9. Co-founder of The Red Tent an organization set up for empowering women entrepreneurs
10. Elected Mentor for FICCI Mentorship cell to guide women entrepreneurs on all financial matters.
11. Co-founded Twice Treasured, a market place for baby products which focusses on sustainability and empowering parents.
1. CA. Divya is a member of the Madras Gymkhana Club, Madras Cricket Club (MCC), Presidency Club, Cosmopolitan Club, Golf Club (Annex), Mylapore Club, Madras Race Club and SVS Club.
2. CA. Divya has represented in district tournaments for Badminton, an avid Table Tennis player
3. She is a voracious reader and has also founded a book club for women in Chennai for enthusiastic reader
Passionate Professional Focus:
CA. Divya as the President of the Inner Wheel Club of Madras Nextgen played a pivotal role with special focus on upliftment and education of the underprivileged girl child. She worked to curb the dropout of girl children in corporation schools and enthuses them to pursue further education.
She is also actively involved in career counselling and enhancing awareness amongst girl children. She also organizes fund raisers and awareness programs to nurture women self-help groups to help them sustain independently.
CA. Divya Abhishek is a keen woman social activist with a passionate professional focus on women empowerment and campaigns for the upliftment of a girl child.