Digit has appointed 2 Nodal Officers especially to look over the claims related to the disaster from Maharashtra floods
Digit Insurance, a general insurance company offering health, car, bike, and travel insurance, has taken quick steps to settle claims received from the disaster caused by the Maharashtra flood in July 2021.
Steps taken by Digit
- Digit has appointed 2 Nodal Officers for Maharashtra to supervise and coordinate the entire operation.
- Adequate number of surveyors have been engaged immediately in the affected areas.
- Digit is keeping the customers who have claimed regularly updated through emails and SMSs.
- Digit’s helplines are available 24×7 to register claims related to damage in the Maharashtra floods.
- To tackle the Coronavirus scare, Digit is offering a complete Zero-Touch claims process to customers with a seamless online experience.
- In case of a total loss which requires a manual surveyor, Digit is keeping the customer updated on when the claim can be taken up.
Digit’s Zero-Touch Claims Process is completely digital and paperless with Audio Claims which removes the need to fill any forms, no hard copies need to be sent for claim proofs, and a smartphone-enabled self-inspection app helps customers inspect their vehicles themselves. Plus, the use of Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence and Image Analytics helps Digit in approvals / processing of the claims post-inspection and therefore quickens the overall claims settlement process for products like motor insurance.
Vivek Chaturvedi, Chief Marketing Officer, Digit Insurance, said: “This year has been tough on us with not only the pandemic but also calamities causing massive damage to lives and property. In such times, as insurers, we must ensure that our customers can reach us easily, and the claims process is as smooth as possible. Therefore, we are available to our customers 24×7 and will be settling the claims at the earliest.”
Digit Insurance is taking swift and quick actions to abide by directives given by the regulator for Maharashtra flood claims and help its customers.