Uber has launched Uber Corporate Shuttle, a new way for companies to help employees get to and from work, safely and affordably in the New Normal.
Uber Corporate Shuttle is a customised commute service for companies, offering seating capacity for anywhere between 10-50 employees in a single vehicle. Using Uber’s core technology to ensure a reliable, safe and cost-effective ride, the service helps companies deliver on their sustainability goals by helping decongest cities, reduce pollution and free up office parking spaces.
Safety is a top priority for Uber. Uber Corporate Shuttle includes a comprehensive set of safety measures, including a Go Online Checklist, a mandatory mask policy for both riders and drivers, pre-trip mask verification selfies for drivers and mandatory driver education on safety SOPs.
The service will be available across Delhi, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Chennai, Pune, Mumbai and Bangalore.
Commenting on the launch of Uber Corporate Shuttle, Abhinav Mittoo, Head of Uber for Business, India & South Asia, said: “At Uber, we are focused on meeting the changing needs of our customers. Uber Corporate Shuttle helps companies put their employees first. They get to and from work safely, without the stress of traffic jams, expense of parking and car maintenance. And by making it easy for employees to give up their cars, the service can reduce congestion, pollution and emissions in our cities. It is an honour to help India get back to work safely after a tough 20 months.”
Uber Corporate Shuttle is yet another product from Uber that gives organizations a more efficient way to manage their business travel, optimize costs, and improve their employees’ experience.
This is the first product from Uber’s High Capacity Vehicles program to be launched in India which has been specifically developed keeping in mind the unique challenges faced by office-goers in India and other emerging markets. A significant share of the work related to the technology and product build-out for Uber Corporate Shuttle is being led by Uber’s technology team based out of Bangalore.
Uber Corporate Shuttle will benefit companies, employees and help build sustainable cities of the future.
• Addresses fundamental transport issues, saves the company money, increases employee safety, heightens productivity and impacts employee retention
• Ensures employee well-being and helps reduce the impact on the environment
• Reduces worker stress by increasing productivity and motivation
• Offers reliable, convenient and safer mobility solutions especially when public transport options remain limited
• Reduces the stress caused by traffic congestion and offers more time for personal activities during the day
• Significant savings in car maintenance costs
• Reduces pollution and energy consumption
• Reduces traffic congestion
• Defines more habitable spaces in cities by reducing the infrastructure necessary for parking