- The phenomenal response to the new Volkswagen Virtus along with the consistent performance of the Taigun are key reasons for the outstanding results
- Youngest and freshest portfolio offerings by Volkswagen with the Tiguan, Taigun and recently launched new Virtus
- Overwhelming and impressive customer response on the new sedan led to the organization of mega delivery programs for the Virtus at the dealerships across India
- Volkswagen India has already delivered over 2500 units of its global sedan, Virtus since its launch in India on 9th June 2022
- Through its perfectly German-engineered products, world-class services, and wide network, the Volkswagen brand is committed to providing its customers with the best driving experience
Volkswagen Passenger Cars India has recorded a strong sales performance by doubling its sales volume in H1 2022 vs. H1 2021. The outstanding performance is attributed to the youngest and freshest product portfolio offering from the Brand in the Indian market, which includes the newly launched striking Volkswagen Virtus, the globally acclaimed Tiguan and a growing demand for the most-awarded SUVW Taigun.
In H1 2022, the Brand sold 21,588 units of its product portfolio versus 10,843 units in H1 2021 that has led to the growth. The performance has been enabled by the India 2.0 products, the bold & dynamic Taigun and striking & exhilarating Virtus. The overwhelming and impressive customer response on the newly launched Virtus has reignited the premium midsize sedan segment, leading to the organization of mega delivery programs across India. Since the day of the India global launch, Volkswagen delivered over 2,500 cars of the Virtus through the mega delivery program.
Speaking about the results, Mr. Ashish Gupta, Brand Director, Volkswagen Passenger Cars India, said: “Our newest entrants, the bold & dynamic Taigun and the striking & exhilarating new Virtus have received a phenomenal response from customers since their introduction. The love and growing demand has resulted in us doubling our sales in H1 2022 as compared to H1 2021. Amidst the industry challenges that are impacting the supply chain, we are witnessing a high-demand for our youngest and freshest product portfolio in the Indian market. This overwhelming response coupled with our 360° efforts will make 2022 a highly successful year for Volkswagen in India.”
Volkswagen has a long-standing legacy of offering German-engineered driving machines aligned with global standards of build quality, safety and providing a fun-to-drive experience. The Brand has been relentlessly working towards enhancing its product portfolio and customer experience. Within a year, Volkswagen launched the bold & dynamic Taigun, the global best-selling Tiguan and the striking & exhilarating new Virtus, making it the youngest and freshest product portfolio. For an enhanced customer experience, Volkswagen boasts of a strong and performing network of 152 sales touch points, 120 service facilities present in 114 cities that covers more than 80% of India’s geography. It has also launched several initiatives under the Sarvottam 2.0 program that ensures the Brand is accessible across its interfaces through the customer journey.
For more details, customers can visit their nearest showroom or the Volkswagen India website.