Mr. Debabrata Mukherjee (Debu), Chief Marketing Officer, United Breweries Ltd., was unanimously elected as the Chairman of Audit Bureau of Circulations (ABC) for the year 2021-2022.
An industry veteran with over 27 years of experience, Debabrata Mukherjee (Debu) currently serves as the Chief Marketing Officer at the UB Group. In his current role, he is responsible for managing a diverse set of local and global brands like Kingfisher, Ultra, Heineken and Amstel.
Mr. Debabrata has a wide range of professional experience in General Management, Marketing and Sales operations, Business Strategy and Innovation. He started his career with Unilever India and after a four-year stint; he joined Coca-Cola in 1998 as Franchise Manager for Mumbai. He held several roles of increasing responsibility in the operations of The Coca-Cola Company in India, Korea and South-West Asia. He left the services of The Coca-Cola Company as the Vice President of South West Asia operations to join the Hindustan Times Group in April 2018. During his stint as the Executive Director at Hindustan Times, he anchored the creation and implementation of strategies for revenue growth. He joined the United Breweries Group in 2019.
Debabrata has a Bachelor’s of Science (Hons.) degree in Economics from Presidency College, Kolkata, and a Master’s degree in Business Administration from the University of Kolkata. In 2014 he was awarded the “Beverage Marketer of the Year” Award by the International Advertising Association (IAA) in the FMCG Beverages category. He has served as an Independent Director on the Board for Anand Bazaar Patrika Group. He has been part of the Audit Bureau of Circulations, Council of Management since 2011 and has served as the Chairman of the Council. He has also served as a jury member for multiple industry leadership awards and has spoken in a diverse set of industry and commerce forums. He is a management committee member of the prestigious Mumbai Ad Club.
Mr. Pratap G. Pawar, Publisher Member on the Council, was unanimously elected as the Deputy Chairman of the Bureau for the year 2021-2022.
Members on the Bureau’s Council of Management for the year 2021-2022 are as under:
- Mr. Debabrata Mukherjee, United Breweries Ltd. – Chairman
- Mr. Karunesh Bajaj, ITC Ltd.
- Mr. Aniruddha Haldar, TVS Motor Company Ltd.
- Mr. Shashank Srivastava, Maruti Suzuki India Ltd.
- Mr. Pratap G. Pawar – Sakal Papers Pvt. Ltd. – Dy. Chairman
- Mr. Riyad Mathew – Malayala Manorama Co. Ltd. – Hony. Secretary
- Mr. Devendra V. Darda – Lokmat Media Pvt. Ltd.
- Mr. Hormusji N. Cama – The Bombay Samachar Pvt. Ltd.
- Mr. Shailesh Gupta – Jagran Prakashan Ltd.
- Mr. Praveen Someshwar – HT Media Ltd.
- Mr. Mohit Jain – Bennett, Coleman & Co. Ltd.
8 Mr. Dhruba Mukherjee – ABP Pvt. Ltd.
Advertising Agencies Representatives
- Mr. Vikram Sakhuja, Madison Communications Pvt. Ltd. – Hony. Treasurer
- Mr. Shashidhar Sinha, IPG Media Brands, Media Brands Pvt. Ltd.
- Mr. Srinivasan K. Swamy, RK Swamy BBDO Pvt. Ltd.
- Mr. Ashish Bhasin, Dentsu Aegis Network Communications India Pvt. Ltd.
Mr. Hormuzd Masani – Secretary General